Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Quilts of Valor presentations

 I've never served in the military, but I am the daughter and granddaughter of veterans.  And I'm the cousin of veterans, and the aunt of several veterans too.  So my small way of saying THANK YOU is being involved in the Quilt of Valor program.  Making the quilt is fun, and so is being part of a presentation.  This week I've been happy to be involved in 2 QOV presentations. But please note that I did NOT make either of the quilts, although I probably some of the star blocks in the first one.


On Saturday, a couple of us presented a quilt to Holly, a US Navy veteran.  She is a member of our Sew Vintage group, and we managed to surprise her with the quilt presentation at our group meeting.  Thank you Holly for your service to our country!


And on Tuesday afternoon I drove about 90 miles to present a quilt to Greg.  He served with the US Army.  This quilt was actually sent to our group by an Omaha QOV group, as we were closer and able to do the presentation for them.  The location . . . the Fort Randall Dam on the Missouri River.  


It was a gorgeous day to visit the Missouri River.  


I don't fish, but I found myself wishing I was in one of those fishing boars on the river.  

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Kudos to you and your group for making and presenting QOV to local veterans.

Jenny said...

The veterans must be so proud to be honoured in this way. I dont think we do this in my country, not that I've heard of, anyway.

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful! Both quilts are treasures!! Thank you for quilting for Veterans!!