Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2022

Purple & other stuff

 The shop hop bus trip on Thursday was a lot of fun.  We visited 4 Minnesota shops and just generally had a good time.  I was pretty disciplined about my purchases, but that doesn't mean I don't have some fun things.  I'll try to post more about the bus trip next week.

This weekend is going to be crazy busy with no sewing at all.  We are "kid and dog" sitting at one daughter's house while they go to a wedding.  So we'll be having some fun with the grandkids.


I did use some purple this week in the 2 extra colorways I'm doing for Saturday Sampler.  The grey background version is using batiks and this purple is a deep rich shade. There is even purple in that lime green batik.


And the dark background version got a brighter purple.  These are #9 out of 12 blocks for Saturday Sampler, and it's probably time to think about how I want to lay these out.  I think the dark version may just get a simple black sashing.  


On the scrappy Tulip Time quilt I do have 5 of the 6 rows assembled.  Rows 1-3 are all sewn to each other as well.  Rows 4 and 5 have sashing/cornerstones attached but I haven't sewn them onto those first 3 rows yet.  Once I get row 6 assembled with it's sashing, then I'll sew 4-6 into one section before joining the 2 halves together.  Then I'll decide whether or not it will get an outer border. 

Check out lots of other RSC fun from this week:

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

I love seeing those tulips come together. The pattern where the four blocks meet adds so much to the design. Have fun with the rest of the assembly.

Vicki in MN said...

You are hustling and bustling around to get sewing done before surgery. Be sure to have lots of hand work on your main level to do so you don't get bored while recuperating.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like lots of fun - both the shop hop and a weekend with the grands! Your blocks for the Saturday Sampler are perfect for purple month. They make a neat design - I don't think I've ever made that block.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Always fun to get away with like minded friends! I bet you had a good time. Your purples are looking good! Have fun with your Grands!

LA Paylor said...

tulips! since you have a long arm... I say border!

Jenny said...

Grand kids and dog sitting, sou ds just like your kind of fun!

Maggie said...

You are having adventures with your grand child and it is fun for everyone. Have a wonderful time.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I'm interested in hearing which quilt shops you went to in MN! And ohhh, time with the GK and GD sounds like fun!!! Love your purple blocks!!!