Pages

Friday, July 29, 2022

Red elephants joined the herd

Two red elephants were born this week.  The first one is really my favorite, made with a very graphic batik.  He looks terrific.  


Elephant #2 is a bit more sedate in a subtle geometric print.  He's actually cuter in person. 


The August color is orange and I have lots of options in the stash for those elephants.  With the red ones there are now 14 in the herd.  I notice the colors are all a bit "off" in this photo, as the yellow ones look orange, and it's hard to distinguish between pink and red.  They are definitely cuter in person. 


I'm thinking that I should do a bit of orange sewing this weekend and early next week, while I can still get to my sewing room and stash.  The elephants and heart blocks will probably come first.  

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Love ❤️ your herd of colorful elephants!

Lee said...

Oh what cute quilt blocks!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So cute:)

Vicki in MN said...

Your red Ellie's look patriotic! You read my mind, as I saw the first red Ellie I thought 'I wonder what they all look like together' and there you are with all of them! Happy sewing!