Pages

Friday, July 15, 2022

Shooting Stars is a flimsy

Sewing this week has been in short quantities - a couple of hours at a time.  But, it has been very productive sewing for the most part.  Borders were added to the Checkered Stars UFO, and also added to Shooting Stars.  That first one is a baby quilt (48" square), but this one is bigger.  It finishes about 68" square with the borders added. 

Shooting Stars was a kit from a Sew Sampler box from Fat Quarter Shop.  All of the pretty fabrics for the blocks was included with the pattern, and the background was in my stash.  The pattern didn't call for any borders at all, and it looked really nice without the borders.  But I wanted it to be bigger - so borders were definitely needed.  I ordered enough yardage from the same fabric line for those borders.  And there is enough of the aqua for binding.    

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty! Will be able to view it next week quilted? Happy stitching!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Another lovely quilt! I haven’t turned my machine on in nearly a week.I need some motivation.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty!~ You are moving right along!