Pages

Monday, July 25, 2022

Design Wall Monday - winner, winner!

Our guild bus trips usually include the option to make a block (or several) to bring when we get on the bus, and at some point on the trip names are drawn to win some of the blocks.  This trip's block pattern was Old Windmill (8" finished), and we were to use bright colors.  And we signed them. 


I was one of the lucky winners on the bus trip last Thursday. Yay!  The "bus moms" divided the blocks into 3 sets.  The set I won has 15 blocks in it.  The funny thing is that I ended up with 3 of my own blocks in the random mix, but that is OK.  It will be fun to decide how I'm going to use these blocks.

Several years ago we made pine tree blocks for our bus trip to The Black Hills, and I was a lucky winner then too.  I made a house block to add to the trees, and the finished quilt is called Cabin in the Woods.  I think I also had to make one more tree block just to make the number of blocks work out correctly.  I might make a few more windmills too before setting them together. 

What's on your design wall this morning?

5 comments:

Nann said...

Congratulations! The blocks look so colorful. I'm interested to know more about the bus trips -- fabric shopping? Or to a retreat?

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the win. I immediately thought 15 -- set 3 x 5? I still have blocks I've won from block drawings. I like to enter them just to move fabric out of my house! But it's always fun to receive groups of blocks -- easy peasy quilt top. Have fun with yours.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such cute, colorful blocks!!! The good thing about getting some of your own back is that you know they're well made, in fabrics you like!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah!! Fun to be a winner!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Congratulations on winning another set of blocks. I remember the tree blocks you won on the earlier trip and the quilt you made with them.