Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Hello Birdie!

It's good to have a plan, right?  I'm a list-maker and a planner, but I'm also OK with straying from that plan.  But I always need those lists and plans in place to fall back on.   


The Sew Vintage group has been doing a monthly color this year, and I was just making those heart blocks (big and small).  That was my plan - until I saw the Hello Birdie block on Pat Sloan's blog and on the Fat Quarter Shop website.  Detour from that plan!!!  And yes - those heart blocks are still happening anyway!  


I made a purple batik Birdie block first, and then my brain went to the 30s prints I keep collecting.  And these happened over the long weekend.  I even went back to make a block for the previous colors.  The 30s prints are perfect for these Birdie blocks, although every single one I see posted online is adorable too.  I don't know yet what I'll make but more are in my future.  Wonder what color the Sew Vintage ladies will choose on Saturday. 

Sewing time will be quite limited for the next few days as I'll have 3 grandkids here beginning tonight.  Maybe Olivia will want to go to Sew Vintage with me on Saturday afternoon.  

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

so darn cute!

Gretchen Weaver said...

I LOVE those birds! They'll make a lovely small quilt, happy stitching!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The birds look fabulous made with 30s fabrics!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Your birds in 30's are adorable!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So cute! Have fun with your Grands!!