Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Scotty Dog finish

 One more UFO to check off the list and add to the stack of quilts ready to donate or gift.


Scotty Dog is the Quick Strippie pattern from Maryquilts.  It’s fun and it’s free.  It is made with 1 yard each of 3 different fabrics.  A cute focus fabric works best for the wide strips, and then 2 accent fabrics are great to pick up on the colors in the focus print.


The grey backing might be a bit dark for a traditional baby or kid quilt, but I feel like it works well with the black polka dot and the dotted and checkered dogs.  

I have another focus fabric in the project box, and one of these days I should pick out some accent colors and kit up the next Quick Strippee. 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

It’s adorable. I love Mary’s patterns.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Very cute! I love the polka dots.

Vicki in MN said...

I think it is perfect for a boy quilt.