Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Dipping into pink

 It seemed appropriate for Valentine's Day to be working on something pink or red.


These 3 Pyramid blocks were done on Monday afternoon.  The top one has pink butterflies on a lavender background, so I think it counts as pink. The one on the left is a deep coral-pink, and the one with stripes is a very soft baby pink.  There a lot of these blocks clipped to a skirt hanger in the closet, so I need to count them and see if there are enough yet for a quilt.


The parts for a Valentine themed pillow are all cut out.  It's one of the Riley Blake pillow of the month kits that I purchased last year.  I got a little start in sewing the blocks together for it on Monday - the blocks made me think of Xs and Os (heart shaped Os).  This will be a fun project to continue working on today. Hopefully I'll get the top finished later today since it's only 20" square.  


This pillow is on my UFO Challenge list, and also on the PHD list for the local quilt shop.  That gives me extra incentive to actually get it done, even though it will be after Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

Nann said...

The pyramid blocks look like a good piecing challenge.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute pattern

Astrid said...

Pretty pink Pyramid blocks. The pillow looks like a fun project.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

You find the most interesting patterns for blocks, table runners, and pillows!

Ramona said...

I love your triangle blocks. I'm going to have to add that to my list of things to make.