Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Pillow progress



The top for the Valentine pillow is all assembled.  It actually went together pretty quickly once the individual blocks were made.

The kit includes more of the darker red for binding, but had a solid white piece for backing.  I really didn't want that white backing - just too much white in my opinion.

So I dug around the stash a bit and found a piece of "ticking" in red/cream.  Look at that date on there!! I have no idea if I bought it in 2016, and if so I have no memory of what I might have planned for it.  This piece is the perfect size to use on the back of the pillow, and it gets it out of the stash. Yay!  One step closer to having another UFO complete - once I get the top quilted. 

   

4 comments:

Kate said...

Hopefully all the vacation laundry is done. You've done well at getting back to the sewing room and playing catch up on all your quilt alongs. Very cute pillow. You are moving along with it, hopefully that means it will come off the UFO list soon.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the colors this will be cute

Far Side of Fifty said...

Perfect backing:)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The “ticking” will look great. My sister thought I was crazy to want ticking on the back of the Tavern Blues quilt, but I love it!