Pages

Friday, February 17, 2023

More blocks

The 6" batik versions of Sewcialites blocks 13-15 were finished on Wednesday, and block 16 was released on Thursday.  Block 16 isn't done yet in any of the sizes.  Maybe that will happen over the weekend, fingers crossed.  #16 is a complicated block with a LOT of pieces.

Both of the 3" versions of block #15 (Brighten) are done as well.  That leaves blocks #12-14 and #16 to make in the dark and bright colors. Somehow I missed doing #12 in those colors.  But in the red/white colorway, I only have #13, 14, and 16 remaining. 

 

And that block #15 is going to definitely turn into some scrappy projects for future sewing - but not in a 3" size of course.  Instead I've been playing with the 9" version.  


There are now 2 pink Brighten blocks - for the February RSC color of pink.


And then I made a couple of blue ones (for January).  That didn't completely satisfy my need to play  with this block however, so then . . .


Yup - I made 3 patriotic ones.  And I do think these will work well in a future Quilt of Valor project.  


It was definitely time to stop playing and work on some things that were already in progress. I have been doing the Scrappiness Is Happiness sew-along with the local Sew Vintage group, but haven't stayed caught up.  So - the simple String block for Week #12 was a quick one to check off.  I believe I should have these done up through Week #16 so there is a ways to go yet. Baby steps!!

I need to make a TO DO list to help me focus for the next week.  Otherwise I know I'll keep wandering off to follow anything bright and shiny that crosses my path.

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I am really liking your Brighten blocks!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have that book and haven't opened it since I first got it and looked at it then I have been so busy finishing up on other things

Kate said...

Your 3" blocks look great, it's so hard to keep everything even when you are sewing that small. Have fun catching up this weekend. I could use a plan to do that myself.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such pretty blocks I can see why you got distracted!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Beautiful blocks - every one of them!