Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Time to put away the pink - maybe

 The RSC color for February has been pink, which is one of those colors that I tend to collect.  It shouldn't be a surprise that the pink stash drawer is overflowing and I can't close it.  But I did make a little dent in the pink scrap bin this month.


Before putting away the last chunk of the pink cactus print I used some of it in these 3 RSC blocks as kind of a last hurrah with pink.  Maybe, or maybe not.  I kind of hate to put pink away quite yet.  

The small heart block went into the basket collecting these until I have enough for another row on that quilt.  I need a lot of them yet.  The top block is called Stashbuster, and the one on the right is the Scrappy Irish Chain.  Both were added to their respective collections.


There are 4 rows assembled so far in the Irish Chain quilt, and there are now 20 more blocks to add to the mix.  It's a totally scrappy project, and I have no idea just how big I want it to end up.  The blocks finish at 8" so it will take a lot of them.


The Stashbuster block is another RSC project this year.  This is a 10" block, and so far there are only 4 of them hanging in the closet.  But, it's a collection that will also continue to grow during the year, and maybe into 2024 if needed.


A while back someone asked me how I keep all the different block sets organized.  I use skirt hangers, and clip the blocks together onto the hangers, and hang them in the big closet.  The instructions go into one of those clear sheet protectors, and I slip the top binder hole over the hanger.  So the instructions are hanging with the blocks as long as I'm using it.  Once I finish a set of blocks, the sheet protector and pattern go into a 3-ring binder on the book shelf. 

The process works for me, and since my sewing room closet doesn't have a door I can see exactly what is hanging in there all the time.  Quilt tops are folded over a pant hanger in the same closet. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Clever organization for the blocks in progress. I really like the Scrapbuster block.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Super fun blocks!! I like that organization idea!!