Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March goals

 Well, the number drawn for March is 11, and on my UFO list there are a couple of projects under that number that I've been avoiding.  So maybe it's time to dig into at least one of them. 


I'm still playing Catch Up with some sew-alongs, and that needs to remain a priority going into March - Sewcialites and Scrappiness Is Happiness in particular.  


Finishing the bag that I've been working on this week needs to happen too.  I goofed up while adding that side binding piece, and had to get out the seam ripper.  But hopefully I can get this bag finished yet this week, or at least be down to the hand stitching to finish.  

There will be some fun with the new color for RSC I'm sure.  But in the meantime, there is THIS . . .


On that UFO Challenge list under #11 is the Falling In Love project.  It was a set of heart blocks that were part of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.  The block pattern is called Falling In Love, from The Pattern Basket.  I made 5 blocks each month in whatever color was selected for RSC.  That gave me a pretty good collection of blocks destined for a large donation quilt.  But that is where I kind of hit a brick wall, leaving the project stalled out.


Trying to decide on a layout was hard, but I finally decided to set them together in groups of 4, with the hearts spinning around a small center square.  Well . . . I feel that center square is too small, and am somewhat disappointed with the result.  But the blocks are all set into this layout, so it's time to move forward anyway.  I ended up purchasing pale yellow solid jelly rolls for sashing and binding.  So, one of this month's goals will be to get that sashing onto the blocks and then decide how to finish it off.

My other goal for March involves some reorganizing of my stash.  Big job!! 

2 comments:

Astrid said...

You have some nice projects to work on this month. Love your heart blocks. I like the small yellow square, doesn't have to be too big either.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The nice thing about the UFO Challenge is bringing those stalled projects into the light of day and just finishing them. Someone other than you will love and admire them. Love the hearts!