Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Sewcialites - caught up

I'm as "caught up" with the Sewcialites 2 blocks as I'm going to be - for now, anyway.


I've been making the 9" versions in greens and cream.  Those are completely done, up through last week's block #19.  And the 6" version is happening in bright batiks with this golden yellow background.  Also done through block #19.  Yay!!


Now, for some crazy reason I've been making the 3" version in 2 colorways - red and white, plus a black background with bright colors.  I enjoy making small blocks, but a couple of these have been torture for me.  Here is #18 (Spellbound) in both colors.  They both look a bit wonky in the photo, but really lay pretty flat and straight in real life.  This block was not torture, and neither was the next one.


Block #19 (Invigorate) is also done in both 3" versions. I really love this block a LOT!  I know I'll use this pattern again soon.  But I think the 9" version will be my choice.

Now - speaking of blocks being torture - there are 2 of the more complicated ones that just are NOT happening (for now) in this 3" size.  It's possible that as we wrap up this sew-along I'll decide to make them, but for now there is a sticky note on 2 block patterns to remind me that I didn't do the 3" ones. And I'm OK with avoiding the stress for now.  

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

isn't it always amazing how different two blocks can look in two totally different color schemes

Vicki in MN said...

All of your blocks are looking really good! Kudos to you sticking with the smallest blocks!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Pretty blocks! My accuracy goes out the window on small projects. It’s something I should try to improve.