Pages

Friday, March 10, 2023

Progress on Framed 9-patch

 Following along with the APQ UFO Challenge, and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is fun each month, but it also gives me some direction and focus for my normally scrappy random sewing.  Since I have the main UFO for March moved into the flimsy stage already, I'm going to focus on getting the PIG for March moving along too.  


I like having more than one option on that UFO challenge list, and one is usually a PIG (Project In Grocery Sack).  Well, this PIG was actually begun in January.  I finished the 20 blocks on March 2nd - before leaving for 5 days of college basketball.  Now it's time to start working on assembling the rows of blocks, sashing, and cornerstones.  


Because I was working with a jelly roll, I ended up piecing 4 of those sashing strips from leftovers.  Once it's quilted those pieced sections will not even be noticeable.  And I had to use a little of the border fabrics too just to make enough sashing pieces.  Had I left the sashing and cornerstones OFF the outside, then there would have been plenty, but I like the look better with that outer set of sashing.  It seems more finished. 

There will be a narrow "stop" border using the cornerstone print, which is a white with tiny dots of all the colors in the jelly roll prints.  Then that darkest floral (which was strangely NOT in the jelly roll) will be the outer border.  The darker pink with the words will be the binding.  

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

This is going to be really pretty, soft with the white setting the stage for the prints! Way to go urging this one to the finish line.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Well done! I like the scrappy sashing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I like how you framed the frames!!! Too cool!!