Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2023

RSC23 week #8 - Falling In Love

Another Rainbow Scrap Challenge project is a quilt top, and ready to quilt.


In 2022, each month I made at least 5 of these heart blocks - Falling In Love from the The Pattern Basket - in the color of the month.  This was such a fun and cute block to play with, and I'm sure I'll end up using the pattern again for something.  I'll admit to not be totally satisfied with how these blocks looked after I set them into the groups of 4.  But now that I have them sashed in that buttery yellow, I'm liking them a whole lot better.  

As is, the quilt top is approximately 60 x 80, so I don't plan to put any additional borders on it.  And I have more of the yellow for binding.  It is now hanging in the sewing room closet, waiting for it's turn to be quilted.  This will be a donation quilt most likely.  

Check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge to see what is happening for March.

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Your hearts quilt is totally delightful! What a great pattern and a fun setting. The yellow sashing is perfect, IMHO. Way to go!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, look at that! So pretty! I love the yellow sashing. I enjoyed watching as you made all those hearts - they are a neat design!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I think it's a lovely quilt top, Sara! Congrats on getting it together.

Jenny said...

Pretty little hearts, and I love the yellow sashing.

Mari said...

What a sweet finish! Love the hearts and the yellow sashing too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is very colorful, love the yellow:)

Astrid said...

Congrats on completing the quilt top! Bright and cheerful, love the colors and the yellow sashing is perfect!

Vicki in MN said...

Those hearts are singing all about love! So pretty Sara.

Kate said...

The yellow makes a really nice frame for those blocks. Congrats on getting them all set together, that always seems to take me the longest.