Pages

Monday, March 20, 2023

Design Wall Monday - March 20

 It's always fun to pick up a quilt from the long arm quilter.  On Saturday - finally having Covid behind me - I got out of the house and ran lots of errands.  Picking up this quilt was the first errand, and definitely the best one.


This blue and white quilt is a scrappy sampler using the Riley Blake Design challenge blocks from 2022, and lots of blue scraps.  It makes me think of Delft dishes. I just love 2-color quilts, and this is my 3rd blue and white one.  It's not huge, so it shouldn't take too long to bind.

My plan for this week involves a variety of project tasks, including these:
  • Bind this quilt
  • cut out parts for Easter table runner  
  • make the Saturday Sampler block for this month
  • make next block for Scrappiness Is Happiness
  • finish borders on a QOV (2 are in my UFO pile)
What's on your design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love what I saw so far blue & white quilts are the best! Happy binding, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Nann said...

Yes, blue and white has such a crisp look! Not only were you free of Covid but you didn't have to shovel the driveway.

Vicki in MN said...

I think blue and white quilts are just so fresh and classy feeling. Will you be keeping this one?

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Glad to hear you’ve kicked COVID out the door. Two color quilts are beautiful, and blue/white are my favorites.

Astrid said...

Glad you are out and about after Covid. Blue and white never fail, my favorite color combination.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks real pretty!

Bonnie said...

That is a lovely quilt. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing.