Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Ready for a final border

I can't seem to get a photo that does justice to the soft springy colors in this quilt.  It's much prettier colors in real life.   


The rows are all assembled, and the first "stop the eye" border is on too.  I used the same fabric in that first border that is used for all of the cornerstones in between sashing. 


The plan is to add a 6" outer border using that darker print, but haven't cut any of those border strips yet.  I think I want to give it some thought about width.  The quilt is 54 x 66 without that outer border, so my main question is whether to use that 6" width or make is slightly larger.  

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

This is so pretty! Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am having border questions running through my head right now to for two quilts - why is it they are hard to decide when they aren't actually part of the original quilt pattern :) I guess that is why

Vicki in MN said...

Such a pretty fabric for the border!! I say just go with it and get it done;) I deliberate to much on some of those decisions and in the end I just want to get it done!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice border fabric! Do which ever width you like!

Astrid said...

Beautiful quilt Sara! Wise giving the border a thought before you cut into that pretty fabric. It'd look great though.

Nann said...

I like the multi-color sashings. There's so much color in the quilt that this border fabric looks great.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like how this one turned out!!!