Pages

Monday, March 6, 2023

Design Wall Monday - kitting up a Quilt of Valor

 Part of the re-organizing of my stash must include getting my Quilt of Valor fabrics under control again.  Because I love making QOV projects, I've collected a lot of fabric to use in them.  And I've made a bit of a mess digging around in those fabrics this winter to make blocks.  Plus our group received a box of really nice fabric donated this winter so it's time to plan how to use those.  


The red/white/blue jelly strips were part of the donation, and I'm pairing it up this print that was in my stash to prep a kit for a new Quilt of Valor.  The design idea is one I saw online at Bell Creek Quilts last week and just knew it would be perfect for these fabrics.  On her blog the quilter was using actual signature blocks - the red/white/blue Rail Fence blocks.  

I already have a couple of other kits for Quilts of Valor set aside as well, so I'm hoping by spring I'll have at least a couple of new QOV tops ready to quilt. 

What's on your design wall today?
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The fabric will make a gorgeous QOV, and you’ve found a good pattern to showcase it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That should be a pretty quilt!

Nann said...

What a nice assortment!

Vicki in MN said...

How nice that your group got fabric donated for this wonderful cause. It's so nice to have things kitted up for when you have a little time to just sit and sew.