Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sewcialites fun

This week's Sewcialites 2 block was another easy one, much to my relief.  This is Fascinate by Sherri McConnell and it went together so well.  The pattern showed the 4-patch sections done with 4 different colors, but I didn't do that.  In the 6" batik version I did use 2 colors.  


I keep playing with ideas for how to set these blocks together as we get close to the finish line.  The only one I have a plan for so far is the 3" red/white blocks.  And that is still a work in progress too.
 

I have decided that 4 of these blocks will become the centers of Friendship Star blocks. I had a fat quarter of a white with little red dots, so that is the background. 


How those star blocks will be incorporated with the rest of this??  Still be be determined.  But I have the pieces ready to add to the top and left sides to mirror the bottom and right side.  That is one of my goals for this weekend.

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great idea to use the small blocks as star centers!

Nann said...

It's so interesting to see how the block looks in different sizes. I like your red and white sampler setting idea.

Astrid said...

Beautiful Sewcialites blocks, love seeing them in different sizes and fabric. I like the idea using the small blocks as star centres. Your sampler quilt is a beauty.