Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2023

PIG progress - framed 9-patches

 The UFO Challenge keeps me motivated each month, and also feeds my need to make lists.  Instead of just having 1 UFO listed under each number, I've been keeping 3 UFOs.  That gives me some choices, as well as having something to move on to if I finish one up that month.


For most months I have a priority UFO identified, which is something also on my PHD list for the local quilt shop.  Notice the asterisk next to Falling In Love.  That's my priority for March.  But I also have a PIG listed each month, which let's me work on something new without guilt.  My PIG this month is actually a carryover from January - the Framed 9-patch project.


If I can move any UFO or any PIG along to show progress, then I feel successful.  The 20 framed 9-patch blocks are now complete thanks to some really good uninterrupted sewing time yesterday.  The pastel 9 patch sections are made from a Moda jelly roll called Country Rose. It has lots of pinky-peach, dusty blue, soft green, and soft brown.  I used cream yardage for that background.  

Next step will be adding sashing, but that can wait as I haven't decided just exactly what that will look like.  Most likely it will be simple sashing with cornerstones, but maybe some other idea will present itself.  There is yardage from this fabric line for border and binding.  

Now . . . back to a UFO that is getting very close to being a complete quilt top.  

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

whatever works to keep you challenged!

Kate said...

I like you strategy for your UFO list, it's hard to know at that beginning of the year what any given month is going to look like, so it's good to have options. The 9 patches look good. I always stall out at the setting point, for some reason it always takes me forever to figure that out for any set of blocks.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The soft colors in that fabric line are beautiful together. I’m confident you’ll find the perfect way to showcase these simple yet beautiful blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like it!!
we are doing the framed 9 patches in patriotics in our Qov group - but I like seeing the colors you are using - it will be so pretty!!!