Pages

Friday, March 24, 2023

This n That

Today is my 69th birthday and tomorrow is our 46th wedding anniversary. Thursday morning I got this lovely flower arrangement from my husband.  Red roses mixed with pale lavender/pink ones.  And notice the bunny face peeking out from the lower right side?

It's been a busy and productive week for me. On Monday I set some goals for the week - including binding a quilt, getting caught up with Saturday Sampler, cutting out an Easter table runner, and a few other tasks.  I haven't gotten all of it done, but have made some progress on most. 


This month's block for Saturday Sampler is complete.  I'm using mostly bright fabrics that "read" solid from a distance, and a background with a tiny colorful floral print.  This SS will be a combination of applique blocks and pieced blocks.


So far, this is what we've done - the appliqued dress form block, and 2 pieced blocks.  I'm going to use some black in those applique pieces, with the dress form being a large floral print with all the colors of the bright fabrics.  I'm concerned the large floral will be too big in some of the smaller appliques, so we'll see how that works out.  


The Easter table runner is already in the binding stage, along with the blue and white sampler quilt.  You know how it goes - once I had the pieces cut it was hard to resist doing a little sewing on it.  And next thing I knew the top was done.  So yesterday I did some simple quilting on it, and added the binding.  Once that binding is done I'll show the whole thing.  This is a very poor showing of the real colors.  It's much more springy looking in real life.  

Today I plan to kit up 2 Quick Strippee kid quilts for next month's projects.  The fabrics I bought some months ago don't actually fit into the project box as is, so I decided that it would be good to just cut the strips for the kits, including the binding.  I always worry that the fabrics will get separated, and then used for something else by mistake.  Kitting them up solves that problem.


Strippee #1 - dogs in reds, tan, black, and white


Strippee #2 - dinosaurs with royal blue, lime green

A major task for this weekend is to get this week's blocks done for Sewcialites and for Scrappiness I Happiness.  Those weekly sew-alongs have been in danger of not happening in the correct week lately.  Can I blame the Easter Bunny for distracting me this week?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sara and Happy Anniversary!!!

Vicki in MN said...

Happy Birthday to you my friend!! And Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby for tomorrow! Beautiful flowers for you to enjoy. The bunny is looking pretty sweet.

ChrisDeeCaregeiver @gmail.com said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday today and a Happy Anniversary tomorrow. You're quilt blocks are always so pretty, and that Easter bunny table runner is too cute for words. Thanks for sharing your life and "doings" with us. I always look forward to your posts.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy Birthday and annversary

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Happy Birthday! The flowers and the bunny are beautiful and add a touch of Spring to your table. Happy Anniversary to you and your thoughtful husband tomorrow.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a really great day! Happy Anniversary too! Those are some very pretty flowers! :)

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Happy belated birthday, Sara! And happy anniversary! Beautiful flowers!!! Love that Easter table runner, too!