Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Update on Nanci's Stars

On Monday afternoon I got to play cards with a group of friends.  It felt so good to be out and about after being cooped up with Covid.  LOL  One of those good friends in the card group is one of Nanci's sisters.
 


She told me that they made a decision on where to donate the Nanci's Stars quilt I gave them.  I've posted about this quilt - which began with the sudden death of Nanci, and a gift of some of her patterns and fabric stash that I received.  The blue blocks were a kit for a table runner from the basket of goodies I got.  Then I made more blocks from my own batik stash, and eventually it became this quilt, which I gave back to her sisters to donate somewhere.

Well, this quilt has been given to one of Nanci's sons and will be used as a fund raiser for her grandson's football team.  Nanci's husband was a huge sports fan, and spent his life as a HS teacher, a HS coach, and decades as a referee.  They both enjoyed watching their grandchildren play sports.  So I feel really good that the quilt will raise some money for youth sports.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a nice story on your Nancy - I made a quilt I named Nancy's Stars too although it was a different pattern but named after a different Nancy

Tired Teacher 2 said...

This beautiful quilt will continue to touch many lives.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a pretty quilt, and I like that it is being used for her family to keep pursing their goals...

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful! So good of you to donate it back to them for a cause they support!!

Vicki in MN said...

What a sweet story and for a great cause!