Pages

Friday, February 24, 2023

Snow day, no sew day

The official NWS report is that we got 13" of new snow. But of course the wind pushes that snow into mountains much higher than that. 


I did no sewing at all yesterday, and no - I didn't get all of the shoveling done either.  That narrow path across our 24' deck has been widened, but not by much.  That snow was hip deep, but light and fluffy due to the negative degree temps yesterday.  

Dave used the snowblower on our long (and wide) driveway, and had it cleared just in time for the furnace repair guy to come down the single path cleared on our street.  The repair guy had our furnace going again shortly - my hero!!  And then the city plows came by in the afternoon, leaving a 4' wall of hard packed snow across the end of the nice clean driveway.  Guess we didn't plan to go anywhere anyway!

And this morning one of our very nice neighbors came by with his truck and big blade, clearing out that wall of snow in about a minute.  Thank you Todd, you're a life saver!

Now - coffee in hand, I'm going to go sew for awhile. Some spring colors might be calling my name.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad you got the heat fixed and the driveway cleared out. How nice of the neighbor to stop by and clear out the end of the driveway. I remember when my daughter and family lived in Wisconsin my son in law and several others on the street had snow blowers and they would at times go from one house to the next clearing off the side walks and if they had time the driveways for those that had a hard time doing it themselves.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Shoveling snow is more work than most people realize. I’m glad your neighbor was able to blade the end of your drive. Laramie’s accumulation was minimal but the wind howled. WYDOT posts photos on Facebook of the drifts and snow removal process on I80 and other roads. The size of the drifts is unimaginable out on the open range.

Far Side of Fifty said...

May some of the snow will melt! Your trail looks like lots of work, thank goodness someone came by and bladed out the snowplow pile as that is just like cement when it hardens. Yeah for a fixed furnace!

Astrid said...

That's a lot of snow! Shoveling snow is good exercise, I think I've had my share (in Norway) and I do not miss it! Glad your furnace was fixed and that your neighbor cleared the end of the driveway.