Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2023

It's a new day

 The winter storm that was predicted for this week arrived right on schedule.  I've mentioned before that we've been in a drought so . . . let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


The bird feeders have been busy - Juncos, chickadees, cardinals, woodpeckers, and some other smaller birds I can't identify.  This poor woodpecker must have been getting dizzy as the wind kept spinning this feeder in circles on Wednesday morning.


The snow itself has moved on this morning, but we're still under a blizzard watch due to wind. And it's 3 degrees below zero - before wind chill. There is a lot of snow to shovel off the deck, and to blow out of our driveway.  And UPDATE: Our fairly new furnace is not running!  Grrrrrr!


Sewing time yesterday was again limited by lack of energy, or maybe just lack of stamina.  I managed to make the red and white 3" version of Sewcialites block #13.  This is Innovate by Doug Leko.  His directions are great, but I just couldn't do my second 3" version with the black background - yet.  So it's going into Time Out, along with block #16.  I absolutely don't have the energy to make anything very complicated and #16 has a TON of tiny pieces, even in the 9" size.  I'll catch up some other day.

There was a To Do list for this week - drawn up on Sunday before getting sick.  I'm actually surprised that I've gotten anything at all done from the list.  But the rest will wait.  

6 comments:

Ramona said...

This block is so pretty in miniature! I love your reds. Sure hope you get your energy and stamina back soon. Being sick is no fun!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a lot of snow - you will need to move slowly to clear it all off a your walking areas

Nann said...

Hope you and Dave get well soon. I’ve been watching the storm! (Think about the pioneer days — Giants in the Earth as well as The Long Winter — before modern forecasting and The Weather Channel.)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Brr, I hope you can get your furnace repaired quickly. Not much snow fell in Laramie (the storm hit central and north Wyoming hard) but it is well below zero this morning and even colder with windchill factored in. The mini block is gorgeous!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty block, I hope you have a alternate source of heat because it is really cold. Take it easy and stay warm:)

Vicki in MN said...

When it was all said and done do you know how much snow you got? Hard to tell for sure with the wind but I think about a foot here. Sorry about the new furnace not behaving. I always admire your teeny blocks!