Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Road trip shopping - part 1

 The first 2 quilt shops I visited on this road trip to Tucson were in Dodge City Kansas and Albuquerque New Mexico.  Both shops had been recommended to me; both were fun stops. The owner of the shop in Dodge City is so charming and helpful. And the shop was small but had such a great selection.

I always look for something unique that reflects the location to take back home and cut into 6” friendship squares to share at guild. The cowboy hat fabric fits the bill.  The pink fat quarters just had to come home with me - because pink is the RSC color for this month.


Birds of a Feather shop also carries quite a selection of panels.  I bought one to use for a Quilt of Valor, and one that just was for fun. The eagle/flag panel will make a stunning QOV center.  And that hummingbird - it just spoke to me.  Ironically we’ve seen a lot of hummingbirds in Arizona on this trip.


More to come on Albuquerque and Tucson shopping in future posts. 


3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Stopping at quilt shops when traveling is a treat. My sister and I do it, too. I like the pink fat quarters you purchased and eager to see the panels.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun stuff in different shops!

Astrid said...

Fun hats fabric and pretty pinks. Enjoy your trip!