Pages

Monday, June 26, 2023

Design Wall Monday - The List

Here it is - Monday again.  And it's nearing the end of June already, so that means I'm working on my list of goals for next month while checking off finished goals from this month.   For some reason, my LIST never actually shrinks.

My short list for this week . . .

** Spools block for current Saturday Sampler
** attach binding to Christmas Saturday Sampler quilt
** make progress on Pole Star blocks from cruise


There are a couple of sets of blocks remaining for Pole Star.  The most work required will be to finish the blocks that have 2 paper-pieced arcs in each block.  Once the paper comes off the last of Arc #1 (navy & grey), then I'll attach them to the blue center "pie wedge".  Then all 18 of them will get a pink arc, followed by the second paper-pieced arc, then the outer edges.

There are also 6 simpler blocks to finish. These just involve solid pieces, with no paper-pieced sections to complicate things.  You know I love bright colors, so making blocks with white, cream, pale yellow, and grey just don't get me excited. But they will be fine in the finished quilt.

As for the month of July, I have a lot of things that I want to work on.  I've been saving some new projects to play with but also have some WIPs and UFOs to finish.  So, maybe it's time to just "go with the flow", and not get hung up on my obsession with list making.  For at least one month. LOL

However, there WILL be some red sewing for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  

Check out more of today's Design Walls -

https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

I decided this year not to make a list each week and it is working for me with no pressure, LOL. I still have mental lists which I follow sometimes and sometimes not so much, LOL. Have a good week:)

Kate said...

Your stitching cruise looks like it was a lot of fun. Good luck with your goals for July. It's hard to believe we are almost past the half way point in 2023!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is an interesting block, looks putzy to me! I am certain it will be beautiful when finished!

Frog Quilter said...

Hi Sarah, were you on the Alaska cruise recently? Me too. If you were I was sitting up front and did my blocks in patriotic colors. Yours are looking great.

Frog Quilter said...

Hi Sarah, were you on the Alaska cruise recently? Me too. If you were I was sitting up front and did my blocks in patriotic colors. Yours are looking great.