Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Haunted Halloween is a flimsy

Because my brain can only take so much paper-piecing and curved seams (and solid drab colors) at any one time, I've been working on something much more fun this week as well. 


The Fat Quarter Shop offered this fun FREE Halloween mystery project pattern, and I had even ordered the kit this spring because I liked the fabrics so much.  This is Haunted Halloween - and it's about 44" square, so it will be a good wall hanging size.  Before I get this one quilted I'm exploring some possible applique additions - eyes on the bat, a collar on the cat, and maybe something peeking out of some of the castle windows.  

The outer border isn't part of the original pattern, but was in the kit for backing.  I really have an aversion to hiding really cute prints on the backs of wall hangings - so it became a border. 

Today - back to working on the curves, in between some other little projects.  

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh yes I can see many embellishments on this piece...all those windows!! And a funny doorknob too and maybe something perched on the cats tail!

Vicki in MN said...

Fun, fun, fun!!!

Kate said...

Ooh, that's a really fun finish!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Cute as can be! The border print looks great and pulls the eye into the quilt. Embellishments will make this piece even cuter.