Pages

Monday, June 12, 2023

Design Wall Monday - travel projects

I like to always have some small handwork project with me when I travel, to keep my hands busy.  Riding in the car or flying in an airplane, a bit of hand work is usually with me.


This little project was an "adopted" UFO that has been sandwiched and waiting for hand quilting.  In mid-2021 our guild held an "adopt a UFO" exchange. Anyone wishing to participate could bring a UFO project (wrapped so it was a mystery), and we drew random numbers to exchange them.  I got a kit for a miniature quilt using 30s reproductions.  How appropriate, right? 

In 2022, I hand stitched all of those little English Paper Pieced stars, and hand appliqued them to the background squares.  Then I added the purple and yellow borders from the kit.  That wider outer border actually came from my own stash of 30s prints.  This traveled with me to Arizona last February, but didn't emerge from the bag.  But hopefully this time I'll get some hand quilting done on it.

Check out more Design Walls . . .

3 comments:

Nann said...

Cute stars! The trip is almost upon you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a cute pattern, have fun and enjoy your trip!

Kate said...

What a fun project to have on your trip. Enjoy the trip and hopefully a little hand stitching here and there.