Pages

Saturday, June 24, 2023

RSC23 - Week #25

 Well, this hasn't been a week for much productive sewing to report.  

The first couple of block sets from the cruise project are completely done.  And look - there is light blue in the top set.  These blocks, along with some different ones, were all completed while sewing on the cruise.  But I still have others to finish now that I'm home again. 

On Thursday and Friday, I kick-started one new project - the Haunted Halloween mystery wall hanging from Fat Quarter Shop.  And a couple of the blocks are light green, so they fit right in for RSC for the month of June.  That's my rationale for starting this project. LOL


Week #1 block parts were all cut out before we left for Alaska, but I made myself NOT sew them until our return.  It was a small incentive to get unpacked and put things away so I could sew.  And see - there are the 2 light green stars!  These went together quickly as the stars are only 4.5" and the bat/moon block is 10.5".  On to Week #2 . . .


This funny cat block is done now too.  The tail kind of bothers me because I feel like it needs some triangles to connect the squares to the long tail section.  But we'll see how the rest of this project goes before I pick out any seams here.   I saw a really cute version of this on Facebook where the cat got huge eyes and a bow tie appliqued, and the bat got huge applique eyes as well.  That would be make this wall hanging extra cute, so I may have to steal the idea.


Week #3 block is the "haunted castle" block, which is really cute.  I've seen several versions online that had Halloween characters appliqued in the windows.  Again - a great idea. 

Next week I know I'll play with the light blues and greens again, but until then - make sure you check out the RSC world today!

7 comments:

Mari said...

Love that haunted castle! Your other blocks are great, too. The ones at the top look like sunflowers to me. I am done with light blue-- I need something spicier! Fingers crossed for red in July.

Far Side of Fifty said...

looks like a cute Halloween wall hanging in progress!

Cathy said...

That is going to be a darling Halloween quilt. I LOOOOVE the haunted castle! Seeing all those sawtooth stars reminds me that I have to get started on the bazillion stars I need to sew for a Christmas quilt/gift this year. yikes!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I had to go back and read about your quilting cruise - sounds like so much fun! We loved Alaska when we took a trip there, too - so beautiful. Your blocks for the Halloween wall-hanging are really fun. I especially love the bat!

Vicki in MN said...

Your cruise blocks look wonderful! I totally am in love with your haunted house:)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Light BLUE in your cruise project and Light GREEN in your Halloween QAL? Nice work getting the RSC colors represented in this weeks work, Sara!

Preeti said...

Cats, bats and haunted castles. Looks like you are making a Halloween Quilt. Have fun!