Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2023

RSC Week #23 - Country Bunnies & more

One of last year's RSC projects is completely done. Yay!! 


This is Country Bunnies.  It was a pattern I purchased online from The Pattern Basket, and each month of RSC22 I made one bunny block. I just love the shape of the bunnies, plus the little tail just makes them extra cute. 
 

Because I used the aqua for the inner border and the binding I wanted to find a backing that worked well, and this one is just what I had in mind.  This is a child's quilt, and it's a bit over crib sized.

One of the newer RSC blocks I've been making so far this month is the Floating Star, and using just batiks for the background because I have so many to choose from.  Plus I love the saturated colors.  I didn't make any blue or green or pink ones, so . . . it seemed time to get at least one of each made.  And I used light blue and light green. I think these turned out so pretty.


Last week Sophia helped pick out some fun baby prints for more of these 12.5" churn dash blocks to be used in donation quilts.  The light blue worked well with the kitties and elephants.


I pulled out yellow and a bronze to use with the chickens and the bees.  There is plenty left from each of the fat quarters, so I'll probably make more of them and maybe even the half sized blocks.  Some I'll give to our guild baby quilt project, and some I'll use myself. 

We're halfway through the year for RSC, so check it out . . .

https://superscrappy.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Those bunnies are adorable. I like that whole quilt. Interesting star blocks. I thought I’d see a standard star but boom! Something different. I do like a churn dash. You’ve been getting a lot of blocks made.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The bunny quilt is adorable, Sara! Great finish! I really like your other blocks, too. Fun backgrounds on the churn dashes. Looks like you had a great sewing week!

Jenny said...

I remember you making those cute bunny blocks, such a sweet little quilt. Love the stars, what a great idea to have the background fabric as each months colour.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good finish on the bunny blocks

Mari said...

I love the bunnies! What a great finish. I really like your other blocks too. A nice start to a new quilt!

Tired Teacher 2 said...

I can imagine the squeals of delight of the little one who receives the bunny quilt. The quilt is fun and cute!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a fabulous collection of RSC blocks. Your fabric choices are so cheery and whimsical.

Kate said...

That Bunny quilt is really cute! Congrats on the finish and on all the progress on your other RSC blocks.

maggie fellow said...

the bunnies are adorable and I like this year's projects very much

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Ohhh, those cute bunnies!!!! Great RSC finish! I love your other blocks, too! Neat star blocks!

Helenchaffin said...

Cute bunnies ! I've yet to finish my RSC for 2022 too! Great collection of blocks in the works!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Adorable bunny quilt finish! I love the stars, especially with the batik backgrounds. Cute churn dashes for baby, too!

Ivani said...

Pretty blocks and lovely bunnies quilt, Sara.

grammajudyb said...

Those bunnies are adorable. Perfect for a child's quilt. and your churn dash blocks are great too. Great use of those cute prints!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The bunny quilt is so cute!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! The bunnies are adorable! Pretty blocks too.

Preeti said...

Congratulations on a super cute finish. I wouldn't be caught dead admiring anyone's behind but I will make an exception for these adorable bunnies:-D Have a fun Sunday!

Susie H said...

The bunny quilt is just too cute and it certainly was a great RSC project. It finished up really cute and someone is going to really love it. Great job on finding a suitable backing. I really like the stars too. I can't wait to see those blocks laid out.