Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Home again, home again - jiggety jig!

It's good to be home again after a wonderful trip with friends - new and old - and my husband. The "quilting at sea" cruise is in the books.  This was the second quilting cruise I've done through Travel Adventures By Michelle, and I highly recommend it. Well organized and so much fun!  Some friends and I did a Caribbean one in 2019, and some of the same group was together for this Alaska adventure.


This was the instructor's sample of the exclusive cruise project.  It's called Pole Star by Heather Black, who was our instructor.  All of the blocks are a mix of paper piecing and curved seams.  I have about 3/4 of my blocks finished so it will be something to keep working on now that I'm home. The teachers hired for Michelle's quilting cruises are asked to design (and kit up) something new for the cruise group each time.   


Our quilting took place in a ship conference room, with brand new Janome machines.  We had the option to purchase the machines at a steep discount if we wanted.  I didn't but was tempted. LOL  We had activities each day to help us all get acquainted.  There were mother-daughter pairs, sister pairs, groups of friends like us, and even a couple of gals traveling alone.  While in port the classroom is closed so that we all could just enjoy the shore excursions.  


Michelle gave us each navy blue long sleeve t-shirts with this cute design on the back.  My first set of paper pieced arcs are laying on my shirt in this photo.  

Today is all about unpacking and doing some laundry, catching up with the mail, and grocery shopping.  Tomorrow I am having some dental surgery, so maybe on Thursday I'll post some fun photos from Alaska.  On a side note - getting off the plane yesterday in South Dakota with 97 degree temps was a bit of a shock to the system after the cool and rainy days we just had. 

4 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Welcome home! I’m glad you had a good time on the quilting cruise.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The cruise sounds like a wonderful time! Hope your dental surgery goes ok and you find some time to finish your quilt. Happy stitching!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you are home safely! I have heard those machines are very nice, My Mom has one. That looks like a beauty of a quilt!

Vicki in MN said...

Sounds like you had a marvelous time! Which Janome did you use? Hope your surgery goes well, we both know how we love the dentists...NOT!