Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Odds & Ends

I had a list of goals about a week ago that involved finishing some things that had been started, but were now just laying around. Most of those projects can be checked off now. 


One of those WIPs was the Dresden Plate block I did as a demo for our Sew Vintage group.  It just needed blanket stitching, and that was finished on Wednesday morning.  I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with this block, so I'm open to ideas.  It's currently about 13" square, but hasn't been trimmed so probably will finish at 12". 


I also whipped up a quick padded case for my glasses to take on our trip.  A black glasses case just tends to get lost in the bottom of a black bag, or on a black car seat.  This one used up a red scrap, and shouldn't get lost in my purse.  

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The lovely lady would be perfect set on point as the center medallion for a little girl quilt. Have a wonderful and safe trip!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I should do a padded case for my oversize sunglasses - they came in a flimsy drawstring bag. These glasses go over your everyday glasses taking the place of prescription sunglasses but because they are wider than usual none of the already made cases fit them

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Like Gretchen, I think the block would make a nice medallion for a quilt. It could also eased for the front of a tote bag. It’s too pretty not to use.

Vicki in MN said...

You could use that little lady as the center of the SAHRR next year, or a pillow.

Jenny said...

Your Dresden lady is so pretty, I'll be looking forward to seeing her "used up" and looking even lovelier in a finished project.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh she is cute! I bet you will find something perfect for her! :)