Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

A new Saturday Sampler starts


I just never get tired of participating in the Saturday Sampler BOM programs at The Pin Cushion. It’s all fun - the show n tell each month as well as working on a new project, often something outside of my comfort zone.  

The new one started last month and we needed to choose a dark, a light, and an accent. The aqua fabric is new but the black and the fushia came out of the stash.  The fushia batik is my accent color in this grouping of fabrics.  The clue we got last month was all cutting and the clue we got today was sewing strip sets.  Mine are done!  In fact it was so quick and easy that I’m working on a second version with Halloween fabrics.  The black is new but the other 2 fabrics came from the stash.  The green is my accent in this case, and my strip sets are all done for this version too.  And now I have to wait a whole month to get the next clue.

Do you save selvages?  I have for years and have made a few little projects using them.  More and more often these days the selvages has some fun design.  This one has colorful witch hats instead of boring little dots.  

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Fun fabrics for both projects. Does Crabapple Hill Studio also design the cute embroidery projects? No, I don't save selvages, but that witch hat one is adorable.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That adorable witch hat print fits right into the GREEN them for this month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!