Pages

Monday, October 22, 2018

Design Wall Monday 



My Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2018 blocks are done and I did lay them out to admire them over the weekend.  Each of these blocks is an old traditional pattern that the RCS18 hosts found in old publications.  It was fun to see the unusual block names and when they were published. I love these blocks, and there are a couple of them that I want to use for whole quilts in the future.  You can find the patterns and RSC info on So Scrappy's blog.  http://superscrappy.blogspot.com/p/rsc18.html

This is the best photo I could get and it doesn't do justice to the colors.  Right now I'm thinking about doing a simple narrow white sashing between the blocks.  But I'm leaving my options open as I might see a different layout that I like better before I get back to working on these.  Too many projects that I want to work on right now, and not enough time or energy.

Check out Design Wall Monday for more fun:  http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


8 comments:

Nann said...

It's fun to discover and re-discover blocks. Yours are colorful indeed.

Tired Teacher said...

You have a nice variety of blocks and colors. It's fun to see how placement of value changes the appearance of a block.

cityquilter grace said...

wow...that is soo beautiful! no doubt in person it is blindingly beautiful....i just love scrappy quilts!

Alison V. said...

These are beautiful blocks! I can't wait to see how you put them all together!

Karla Brown said...

Your blocks are beautiful!

PaintedThread said...

Such pretty blocks! I love the colors.

Far Side of Fifty said...

so pretty!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks Sara, thanks for sharing!