Pages

Monday, October 15, 2018

Design Wall Monday - a Cardinal Christmas finish


It's always exciting to ME when I finish something, but the cat is obviously not impressed.  He was so deep into his afternoon nap that he didn't even look up when I laid this out on the floor next to him.  I finished the binding finally yesterday while watching the Vikings game. 

This UFO was a kit I purchased called House Warming Party.  I had the pieced blocks all done when it got set aside. Luckily I had all of the parts and the pattern in the project box together.  I'm calling this Cardinal Christmas. 


The back is a rich deep green similar to the narrow border, and the binding is a red/green/cream plaid.  And that piano key border?  It's a cheater fabric so it was really fast to add.  This photo is close to the correct colors.  The picture of the whole quilt above looks a bit washed out due to the light in the room yesterday - reflections of the snow and grey sky outside. 

  Check out more Design Wall Monday posts. http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

Ramona said...

It's beautiful! And how exciting that you'll have something new for Christmas decorating. I love the binding fabric... perfect.

Nann said...

Hooray for a fine finish! The soft reds and greens are restful.

Judy D in WA said...

Yeah for a fabulous finish! This is a gorgeous quilt. I love that cat. Not a worry in the world.

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! Another UFO to cross off the list. Cheater fabrics are THE best: I use them on QOV whenever I find appropriate ones. This is one of my favorites of your recent finishes.