Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Jack's pillow



I finished Jack's pillow yesterday.  The quilting looks so white in this photo, but it really isn't.  The white marking chalk needs to be wiped off better and then it should look normal.  The colors are not very true in the photo anyway. That blue is really a more of a teal.  I ran out of the teal and had to piece it across the top, so I used a leftover hourglass block from the baby quilt this fabric was in. Not sure I like the end result, but maybe a 3 year old won't care. 

So now I have 2 of the 5 grandkids' pillows done.  Three more to go and I pulled the fabric out for Jonah's pillow yesterday.  These are 20" square. 

4 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Jack will love his special pillow!

LA Paylor said...

well I like the block pieced in. Jack will too, as children notice details.

Karla Brown said...

Aww...super cute -- I'm sure Jack will love his special pillow!

Ramona said...

How wonderful! It will be a treasure for sure.