Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Carpet of leaves



We had a really strange day yesterday - in terms of weather.   By 2 pm when I went out to run an errand the temperature had reached 83 degrees, which is about 20 degrees above what it's been for about a week.  And it felt humid. But about 3 pm the sky turned dark and the wind started howling.  40 mph winds!  We never got any rain, but the temperature dropped at least 20 degrees almost immediately. And this morning it was only in the upper 30s when I got up.  BRRRR!  And the lawn is carpeted in leaves - most of which are still green.  Our ash trees shed so easily this time of year, but usually that shedding happens after they turn gold. 

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

Whoa! I've never seen Ash trees drop green leaves. I had three of them in my yard - always the first to turn color in the Fall and the last to leaf out in the Spring.