Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Small Talk

Since I'm in the mood for red and green, I pulled out a Kim Diehl pattern for my next task.  This is Small Talk, one of the Simple Whatknots patterns from this year.  Our class group did this one a couple of months ago, but I've fallen behind so wasn't done.  And I'm really glad I did fall behind because the pattern called for reds and brown, but one of the class did hers with greens substituted for the brown.  It looked wonderful and Christmas-y.  


So I decided to do the same and dug into the leftovers from previous Simple Whatknots looking for suitable greens.  I found some green that will work nicely, plus one narrow strip of  green from our newest fabrics. 


My pieces are cut and I have 2 of the 4 pinwheel blocks sewn.  These pinwheels are only 4.5" square, so you can get an idea of just how small this quilt will be when finished. 

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

❤️ the plaid and green together.

Lu said...

This is going to be a cute quilt. Love the fabrics and block you are using.