Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween!



The Twister Witches Hat quilt on the front door welcomes all of the Trick or Treaters to my house. This was a scrappy project I did a few years ago. It all came from the scrap bins, including the border print at the top and bottom.  It's quilted with glow in the dark thread and has a fun spider web design.



There are several 60 degree table runners in my house - for virtually every season.  This one is a favorite because I just love the witches feet and crazy stockings.



The light up jack o lanterns and the bucket of fall leaves is currently sitting in my entry way, but I may move it onto the front porch later this afternoon and put it right next to the front door.  How do you all decorate for Halloween?



I used to go kind of crazy with Halloween (and Christmas) and decorate the whole house, but I've pared it down considerably in recent years. 

And most years I dressed up in costume at school even though I taught in a high school.  It was fun to dress up for the day and the high school kids seemed to get a kick out of it.  Our little community had a huge costume party every year for adults as a fund raiser for things like kids' summer programs with prizes for best costumes and even best groups.  My sister-in-law and I always got a bit carried away with costumes.  We won prizes several years.  Eventually I had a whole trunk full of great costumes: Care Bears, Fruit of the Loom guys, gorillas, and many many more.  It was great fun - except for the time I scared a couple of little kids when I answered the door in a scary witches costume.  I gave them extra candy.   Happy Halloween!!

4 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I’m lazy! The only season I decorate for is Christmas and that’s just a few lights and a tree.

Tired Teacher said...

I don't decorate for Halloween unless you call burning a pumpkin-scented candle a decoration. 😉

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am lazy too, I hang a couple of flags outside and put something on my wreath by the door. Love your hat wall hanging! :)

woolyjooly said...

I did not know this about you, Sara! Scary witch? Bwaaahaaaaa . .