Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Saturday Sampler choices



The Pin Cushion had just the perfect aqua for my Saturday Sampler.  I knew they would.  The royal blue was OK, but I like this aqua much better.  We needed a dark, a light, and a contrasting fabric.  Our first clue was merely cutting to prep for piecing.  On this coming Saturday we'll get the first of the piecing clues for the mystery quilt.  Saturday Sampler is one of my favorite "quilt-y" activities.  I feel like I learn something new each year, even thought I've been quilting for nearly 40 years.

And when I was digging around my stash looking for this black print, I also found a lime green Halloween print that would be fun for this project.  I pulled it out and set it aside - just in case.  It has some orange, grey, black, and a touch of purple.  And this week I bought a black print with a little orange to be the dark.  The green can be the contrasting fabric, and somewhere I have a grey spiderweb fabric that can be the light.  So maybe there will be 2 Saturday Sampler mystery quilts made at once.

1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

The aqua is a good choice. The Halloween print sounds like a fun fabric for a mystery quilt.