Pages

Friday, October 18, 2019

Cats & flowers update

I did get a third row of this quilt put together last night, and I'm hoping to finish the final 2 rows later today.  Then I will show it again in my blog.  But I wanted to answer some questions I've gotten about these blocks.  


It's important for everyone to remember - if you ask a question then you should have a way for us to respond.  If your profile is set at "no reply" and don't include an email address it makes it difficult to make sure you see the answer to your question.  

Anyway - these blocks are ALL Lori Holt blocks.  And they are all from either her newest book Farm Girl Vintage 2 or a recent book called Spelling Bee.  I love her blocks.  Her patterns are always easy to follow even if they have small/tiny pieces because she includes lots of pictures.  And all of her blocks have 2 sizes - 6" and 12" finished.  So the cats in this quilt are all 12" blocks.  And the rest of the blocks (flowers, bees, bird, beehive) are all 6" which makes it so easy to mix them into a common project. 


 In the past I made all of the blocks from Farm Girl Vintage 1, plus many of the ones she sold as separate downloads.  The cat block is an example of a download, but now it's in the new book.  My quilt made from all 6" blocks was completed in 2017, but I do have the whole set of 12" done and just waiting for inspiration on how to use them. 





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you share the zinnia pattern or where to find it? I have looked everywhere.

Sara said...

As the post itself mentioned - these are all from Lori Holt's books. Zinnia came from Farm Girl Vintage 2 book.

Anonymous said...

I really love these blocks and the beautiful fabrics.

Brenda Hebel said...

Sara where did you get the bee pattern for you Cats & Flowers quilt. The bee in the Lori Holt 2 book is different. Thanks
BrendaHebel

Anonymous said...

Omg - we can’t all afford the book. Why don’t they just sell the pattern individually? There would be plenty of sales!