Pages

Monday, October 14, 2019

Design Wall Monday


Design as you go . . . is that a normal process for you?  I often do this when I'm not following a pattern with an exact plan.  Yesterday I added a Lori Holt's beehive block next to the bee.  And I made a longer stem on the Dahlia block. On a side note, I've used the bee from her Spelling Bee book because that one was flying sideways and I liked that look better. 


The top 2 rows are sewn together, but I need to still make 2 more small blocks for the other rows. Right now I'm leaning toward an orange or pink zinnia and a bluebird.  But we'll see what happens.  

What's on your Design Wall/Floor this morning?  https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/


5 comments:

Linda Enneking said...

Your quilt is really coming together. I like it much better now than when you had just the cat blocks. Your additions added so much.

Tired Teacher said...

Love how this quilt is coming together: the blocks look fabulous together!

Unknown said...

You are doing an awesome job designing this quilt as you go. It is so stinking cute! (And I'm not a cat person at all!)

Ramona said...

The above comment is mine, Sara. I was signed in under my husband's account without knowing it. :(

Alison V. said...

This is so darling! I love the mix of flower blocks.