Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Just an hour to play


I had an hour to play this morning so I worked on 3 blocks that all used scraps.  The Ohio Star is one to add to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  This month's color is actually brown/black/grey but I don't think I'm going to use those colors with the other Ohio Star blocks.  Maybe I'll find a nice grey or brown but we'll see.  I want to keep making these in other colors until I have enough for a quilt.


The other 2 blocks use the just published Winter Fun block #1 from Pat Sloan. Just go to her blog to find her free patterns. This will be part of a Sew-Along, but I think it lends itself to scrap sewing beautifully.  I have a LOT of 6" squares from guild members who travel, and the center of this block is 5.5", so those squares should work perfectly with just a tiny trim.  The frame and backgrounds in the 2 blocks I made are just out of the scrap bins.  I can picture a whole lot of these combining for a fun scrappy quilt. 


1 comment:

Tired Teacher said...

The Winter Fun blocks are very attractive. I'll check out the pattern.