Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

What else have I been doing?

Believe it or not, I have been doing some things other than the cat block quilt. 


One of my coworkers and his wife just had a new baby, and luckily I had a baby quilt top made. I quickly had it quilted (thanks Bonnie!) and now it's bound and ready to gift.  This was a really cute panel that was part of a kit that I got several years ago.  I decided I wanted a simpler quilt, so I added the diagonal borders instead of the fussy pieced one in the pattern. 

And last week we attended Grandparents' Day at Jack's preschool.  They had a nice program. The kids sang a song to everyone, then our kiddo got a book and led us to a spot in the commons to read to him.  I was a little afraid I wouldn't be able to get off the floor again, but it was fun.  Grandparents were given some artwork that included the child's hand print, and their name - written by the child.  Then we all had snacks and had our pictures taken.  This is one of the best photos we've ever taken with Jack. He's a "runner" - and is difficult to corral when we've had photos taken. But he was pretty pleased to have us there.  


3 comments:

Ramona said...

Cute baby quilt! Love the photo with Jack and his grandparents. :)

Tired Teacher said...

Sweet photo of you with Jack. Little ones get so excited when they have visitors in their school or classroom.

The diagonal border looks great with the panel.

woolyjooly said...

Jack is unique! Great picture of you all. Adorable quilt, too.