Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2019

The birds and the bees . . .


I've made the bumble bee block and a bird block so far. Two of the zinnias are also finished with a 3rd one partially done.  Adding them into the mix definitely creates some fun distraction.  I'm thinking at least one more bird, maybe a bluebird, will be good and I'll try to make that one face the other direction.  


The zinnia block is even cuter that the original flowers.  I have a yellow one and a lavender one so far.  And a red one is nearly done.  With the red zinnia and a bluebird added I think I'll still need a couple more flowers.  Or another bee or something else. We'll see what happens.

The sashing will need to be 3 or 4" wide I think.  

13 comments:

Ramona said...

I love where you are taking this quilt! Those zinnia blocks are adorable. The bird and bee are pretty cute, too! :)

Tired Teacher said...

This quilt is going to be adorable!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, this is so fun! I read your previous post, too - love the cats, flowers, birds, and bees all together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

The bird is a really sweet addition to your Kitty quilt!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute! Love the bird and the flowers they are perfect!

Kate said...

Very fun and whimsical!

Jenny said...

This is so pretty with the flowers added, great idea!

Susie H said...

I can't quite come up with the word I'm looking for but gorgeous & amazing are right up there. Love the different flowers and I'm a softie for kitty blocks!

Unknown said...

Très beau , plein de vie, très joyeux !ou peut on se procurer le patron ?

Sara said...

These are Lori Holt patterns from her 2 Farm Girl Vintage books.

Anonymous said...

Love it.....

Anonymous said...

Where is the pattern for this?

Anonymous said...

Where can I get the pattern for this?