Pages

Monday, November 16, 2020

Design Wall Monday - November 16

My design wall this morning is full of bright color.   

Blossom Time is a Bonnie Hunter block from a past issue of Quiltmaker magazine.  Each tulip is a 6" finished block on point.  Our guild used this block in 2019 as a swap on the bus trip.  It's a fun project for scraps, and my Sunday sewing was all about playing with scraps.  

The first 4 blocks are now set together with 1" sashing (1/2" finished) and a center square.  And the next 3 blocks are done.  I have 2 more kitted up to use as my leader/ender this week as I attempt to get all of the Ohio Star blocks into rows. 


The other colorful scrap blocks from Sunday are the green/pink floral and the purple on the left side of this photo.  This is the Wisdom block from the current Fat Quarter Shop sew along called Sewcialites.  I fell in love with the Wisdom block and made a couple just for fun.  But I know I'll continue working on these through out the next months. These 9" finished blocks will be a perfect Rainbow Scrap Challenge project going forward.


What's on your design wall today?  I'm linking up with:

5 comments:

Nann said...

The Wisdom blocks would look interesting set on point! Yours is the second post today mentioning the Sewcialites sew along. I will need to look it up.

Bonnie said...

Great choice of blocks. Hum, I may need to try a wisdom block myself. I tend to save the block instructions from the various places and use them in different quilts rather than the quilt that is being made....

Moneik said...

Beautiful blocks! It looks like you had a lot of fun sewing on Sunday.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The Blossom Time blocks will make a cheerful Spring/Summer quilt. I’ve seen the Sewcialities posts on the web but haven’t checked them out. I do like the Wisdom blocks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

What colorful blocks they are perfect!