Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

More leader and ender sewing

As I plug along sewing rows together for Ohio Star, I've also been using Blossom Time for leaders and enders between blocks.  I had kitted up several more of the tulips over the weekend, and it's fun to see these take shape. 


The first 2 blocks are now done.  These end up about 13" square with 4 tulips in each.  The leaf sections make this great little secondary design.  I have no idea if they will end up being a whole quilt or something smaller.  They are bright and cheerful, so whatever they become is OK with me.  


On Monday afternoon I picked up the final quilt that was being quilted professionally.  November has been a productive month, but several of the projects had been just waiting for quilting, and I had finally taken the step of dropping them off to be quilted.  This was my RSC20 string quilt, and my goal is to get the binding on this one by Thanksgiving.  It's also #12 (last item) on my PHD (projects half done) list at the Pin Cushion.  This will be the first time I've finished all 12 things on the list.     

3 comments:

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Great job finishing all the PHDs on your list! That’s quite an accomplishment. The tulip blocks are sweet and would make a beautiful quilt.

chrisknits said...

Such pretty blossoms! And go you! You deserve your PhD diploma!!!

Unknown said...

I love it.

Carson