Pages

Monday, November 2, 2020

Design Wall Monday - November 2

Add this to my November goals list.  It needs a good steaming to get the creases out, but this counted cross-stitch project is destined to be a Christmas gift for my husband who is obsessed with playing golf.   I did the stitching quite a few years ago, then folded it up and promptly lost it.  Well, the lost is now found and I plan to get it framed. 


What else is on my design wall today?  I made 2 table runners using the Jelly Belly Bar pattern from Fat Quarter Shop that used jelly rolls.  I used a blue and cream roll plus a little cream yardage to make both.  I have one of them quilted and bound, except to go back and do a simple quilting stitch done the middle of the snowflake appliques.


The appliques are laser cut and ironed on, but they need a single line of stitching to guarantee they stay put on the runner.  There are 3 snowflakes on this runner.  For all the quilting I am using a grey thread that picks up on the greyish blue in the fabrics.  Thank you to Monica at The Pin Cushion who helped me with thread choice. This color works perfectly.  

Maybe I'll get the second runner quilted this week too.  

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday . . .

3 comments:

Nann said...

The drawback to cross stitch, I quickly learned, is that though the supplies are relatively inexpensive (and easy to acquire in quantity), the finishing costs a lot! (And now my visual acuity makes close stitching problematic....but I still have a stash....)

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The snowflake looks great with that fabric! Blue and white is a stunning and winning combination.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I like the snowflakes too!