Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Sew Vintage hanging

 My original plan was to hang this little gem on the door to my sewing room, but for now it's "pinned" to the wall next to the door.   I may keep it there because I can see it from my sewing machine.


The spools with hearts on the bottom half of this were tiny exchange blocks that the Sew Vintage group did in 2014.  Each one is signed by a member of the group at the time.  About half of the ladies are no longer part of the group so it does bring me some good memories of them.  One has passed away, one moved to Alaska, a couple more moved on to other interests or got too busy.  But each one is special.  The other half of the gals are still part of the group - and I certainly miss our monthly gathering now that we can't get together.  We met in the park over the summer but now it's too wintery to meet outside.   


Keeping the spool theme alive is the adorable quilting of spools with needles and thread.  It really shows up in that white space nicely.  Thank you to the quilter at The Pin Cushion for finding such a perfect stitch pattern for this little project.  

This little hanging was the second project I put binding on this week, and I'll show the other one another day.  On Tuesday I picked up 3 more small things from the quilter.  On Thursday morning I sewed the binding to one of those projects and hopefully I'll finish hand stitching it over the weekend.  

10 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very cute and a nice tangible memory

Moneik said...

Love it! You've given me inspiration for my heart blocks. I am waiting to make my quilt until February, but I've been trying to think of how to set them. I may just finally break down and make the sewing machine pattern I have loved.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

The trio looks great hanging together on the wall. The quilting motif is perfect!

Preeti said...

A delightful little piece with adorable quilting pattern. I say it really belongs in the sewing room. I love your mini quilt show wall!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great "new" wall hanging, Sara! Kudos for getting it up on the wall so soon after finishing it. That sounds like the perfect spot for it!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is the sweetest wall-hanging and so perfect for your sewing room! I, too, have a local quilt group like that which has made things for each other over the years, and they are full of good memories.

Jenny said...

Lovely, and the quilting is just perfect. A nice memory of your group, as you say.

grammajudyb said...

What a fun little wall hanging! I like your pineapples too! They are on my to-do list! A lovely mini gallery!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The quilting is just perfect! What a nice grouping on your wall! :)

sue s said...

I like your whole wall display! I have a sewing machine pattern waiting in line too. I like the addition of spools; I'll have to keep that in mind.