Pages

Monday, November 30, 2020

Design Wall Monday - November 30

What is on your design wall this morning?  I have a lot of block sets going right now on my design wall and they are keeping me in happy colors.

Using the Blossom Time tulip block as a leader/ender project lately has resulted in a total of 16 so far.  I've sewn them into sets of 4 with the stems meeting in the middle.  The sashing in between is only cut 1" wide, so it's very narrow.  So far I'm loving how these are coming together. 


One of the projects moving back onto my radar for December and for 2021 is to add Round 3 blocks to Unity.  For this round I'm only using the aqua and hot pink with the black because there was so much lime green in that second round section.  In the photo I noticed that the black and white bicycle print makes the background of those blocks look more washed out than the others.  But I can live with that. 


Here is how Unity was looking after finishing the first 2 clues.  I liked it as is and planned to just quilt it and bind it.  But now I've decided to add at least this next round to make it bigger.  Then I'll decide whether or not to keep going. 


These are both Bonnie Hunter patterns and you probably already know that her new mystery quilt has just begun.  It's called Grassy Creek, and her suggested colors are beautiful rich fall colors.  I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to work on this new mystery, but as always I'm saving each clue pattern just in case I feel the need to jump in.  

I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday:
https://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Good for you for pulling Unity out again. I have two Bonnie quilts I haven't finished. I haven't done her Mystery quilts for many years now. I have lots of UFOs that are mysteries to me! Incuding Easy Street from 2012. Hum... one day I'll pull that one out to finish.

woolyjooly said...

UNITY-- YES!! Love the bright geometrics with black.

Tired Teacher 2 said...

Your design wall has a lot of cheerful colors! Love the secondary design of when the tulip heads come together. The blocks will make a fun quilt.

Moneik said...

Love the colors and I'm sure it will be beautiful when done. I pulled my fabrics for Grassy Creek and brought them to work to hopefully cut some at lunch today. After being off for a week I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and answering the 75+ emails.

chrisknits said...

I have all but a neutral for my color pull, but I will just collect the clues for now. Love the Unity colors!

Far Side of Fifty said...

All such pretty blocks! :)